One person was killed in a shooting Tuesday, March 1, near North Portland’s Dawson Park.Beth Nakamura/The Oregonian
College isn’t the only way to a lucrative career. For people in the Portland area looking to start a job now without a college degree, there are a variety of industries to consider.
READ MORE: 10 highest paying jobs in Portland that require a graduate degree
Using numbers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Stacker created a list of the highest-paying jobs for high school graduates in the greater Portland area. The jobs were ranked by annual mean wage in 2021.
Here are the 10 highest paying jobs in Portland that require a high school diploma, according to Stacker’s analysis:
10. Insulation workers, mechanical: Annual mean salary, $89,330
9. Transportation inspectors: Annual mean salary, $92,870
8. Electrical power-line installers and repairers: Annual mean salary, $96,700
7. Elevator and escalator installers and repairers: Annual mean salary, $99,010
6. Power plant operators: Annual mean salary, $99,720
5. Transportation, storage, and distribution managers: Annual mean salary, $100,380
4. Detectives and criminal investigators: Annual mean salary, $101,120
3. First-line supervisors of correctional officers: Annual mean salary, $105,640
2. First-line supervisors of police and detectives: Annual mean salary, $121,960
1. Power distributors and dispatchers: Annual mean salary, $129,570
Find out the top 50 highest-paying jobs in Portland that require a high school diploma here.
– Lizzy Acker
Note to readers: if you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we may earn a commission.
© 2022 Advance Local Media LLC. All rights reserved (About Us).
The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local.
Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site.